Can i overclock a factory overclocked card?

white4lfe

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
I have a Gtx 260 factory overclocked and inside nvidia control panel i cannot even see the core settings. I downloaded riva tuner and i kept trying to change the core clock and when i hit apply it seemed to apply but when i clicked ok it went back to my 590 mhz default...Now i deleted riva tuner and tried nvidia again since i could see my core speeds while it was installed. But after deleting RivaTuner nvidia control panel has to decided to put me back into the dark about my card without letting me change anything besides fan speed. If it makes any difference rivatuner was saying my driver wasnt compatiable but it was the latest rivatuner v2.24 and i didnt see an update option and im on the latest update before the deadly 194.75 nvidia driver?

Sorry if it doesnt make sense i was editing as i went but for now i have to go im taking this thread mobile!!! thanks for reading lol

Solution
Yes,
You can overclock a factory overclocked card. However, you should not plan to see much higher speed numbers than the people that have stock clocked card and overclock it.

Try EVGA precision. That should let you overclock it.

overshocked

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
Yes,
You can overclock a factory overclocked card. However, you should not plan to see much higher speed numbers than the people that have stock clocked card and overclock it.

Try EVGA precision. That should let you overclock it.

Solution

white4lfe

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010

My card was stock at 590/999/1296. And so far ive found that i can get it to 722/1099/1585 stable. The clock and shader are pretty much at its highest there and the memory i havent finish testing but all seems well :D would evga tool work with my bfg card lol? ive gotten rivatuner to work since this thread thanks tho.