Sign in with
Your question

Iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive (1TB)

Last response: in Storage
April 24, 2010 5:45:14 PM

Howdy!

I was looking for an external HDD of some sorts to use mainly as a backup device, but then I stumbled upon this very attractively priced NAS drive. A local retailer has it for sale for just €134 (~$178), which seems pretty good considering a 1TB external HDD (like the WD Elements series) costs at least $100.

Does anyone have experience with this particular NAS? I would mainly use it for backup, torrenting and also utilize its DLNA capability to stream HD TV.

I've heard many people praising Synology NAS, but they're just too expensive for my needs I think.
a b G Storage
April 24, 2010 8:58:08 PM

I can't vouch for their quality, but I believe they use Samsung drives so should be ok.
April 24, 2010 10:03:06 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I am still in doubt about what to get. Maybe I should be more willing to spend a little more and get something really decent. The Synology DS110j seems like a very good product for its cost, but then there is of course the need to buy a seperate HDD.

The few reviews I have found for the Iomega seem to indicate that its fan can be quite noisy, which is a big concern for me. It also seems to have some quirks with Windows 7 installation.
!