Can't fit x-fi card into tower -HELP

Morto Viventi

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
I can't seem to fit the creative x-fi card onto my motherboard as the graphics card (which takes up the PCIe 16 pin slot and the obstructs the actual PCIe slot that I need it to go into. Can anyone help???

Morto Viventi

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
Thanks for your reply - I have only 1 PCIe1 slot and 1 PCIe16 pin slot. The graphics card is connected to the PCIe 16 and the the other PCIe slot is available but is obstructed. The PCIe1 slot seems to be too close to the other to enable me to have the graphics card and my sound card both connected together. The motherboard is an ASUS m2n-vm HDMI. Further to this I have 2 PCI slots but I don't think I can run express cards through these can I? I would appreciate your help or advice

Morto Viventi

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
Thanks for your reply - I have only 1 PCIe1 slot and 1 PCIe16 pin slot. The graphics card is connected to the PCIe 16 and the the other PCIe slot is available but is obstructed. The PCIe1 slot seems to be too close to the other to enable me to have the graphics card and my sound card both connected together. The motherboard is an ASUS m2n-vm HDMI. Further to this I have 2 PCI slots but I don't think I can run express cards through these can I? I would appreciate your help or advice

Sus-penders

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2008
No, sadly you cannot. Your only options, if the card indeed does not fit, would be to either get a PCI soundcard, or to get a new motherboard which has more PCIe slots, or get a smaller videocard.

What graphics card are you running? Is it a dual slot?