Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Best Single Slot Nvidia Card to get

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 11, 2008 4:03:07 PM

I have a Dell E510 which has the PCI e slot. I found out I can't take the duel slot fat video cards. I bought a 9800 GTX and it won't fit. I want the best single slot I can buy. I play a ton of EQ and EQII.

Let me know your opinion, thanks.
December 11, 2008 5:16:39 PM

I just picked up an xfx 9800 gt for the same reasons. A dual slot won't work for me. I don't think there's much of a difference between the gt and gtx. the gt is really nice and is a big step up from the 8600gt I was using.
December 11, 2008 5:28:23 PM

So the 9800 GT is a Low Profile Card then? Also, does it require two 6-pin power plugs or one?
Related resources
December 11, 2008 5:42:34 PM

Single slot is way different than low profile. If you need a low profile card (there are no really good ones for gaming). Get a new Case, and PSU.

Case: Antec 300 (cost $50 on Newegg)
PSU: Antec Basiq 500W ($50 on Newegg as well)

after these, you can use almost any gfx card manufactured (length of the card may be a factor tho).
a b Î Nvidia
December 11, 2008 6:16:01 PM

The 9800 GT uses one connector and there is several companies making single-slot cards, but availability will vary according to your location so it`s time to get the search engine working.
Also, what resolution do you play at, and what PSU do you have?
October 13, 2010 9:37:49 PM

I'm wondering if there are any updated products to resolve this sort of issue. I'm wondering what single slot Nvidia products are out there (now and in the past), and so far online resellers don't provide that category as an option in their searches, so its a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I would guess HTPC owners as well as those trying to leverage every last drop of CUDA power out of a system would like to know the answer to the question, so any further suggestions would be helpful.

I'll ante in with the suitability (alleged, since I don't own one) of the single slot GeForce GT 430, although there is no guarantee that other companies won't slap a larger cooler on it for some or all models.

http://hewreck.com/nvidia-unleash-geforce-gt-430-single...

Is there anything else out there that has equal or better performance in a single slot, past or present? I think so far we have 9600GT and 8800GT/9800GT. I don't find any single slot GTX 240's or 250's (were there any?), but I still find some for GTS 250's (up to 1GB of memory) but the fans seem to stick out quite a bit.
a c 172 Î Nvidia
October 13, 2010 10:25:08 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!