I can't see my programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,
All my programs have vanished, no icons on desktop, nothing is listed in 'start menu'. i cant restore to an earlier date. my programs are there when i run a scan with avg anti-virus softwate. i did have a virus called 'windows recovery' but i was told to download malwarebytes to get rid of it, which i have done. New scans don't bring up any other problems

herboren

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
I had a client with my work that had the same problem. Its an easy fix. The rogue ware generally had hidden all your icons and folders. You have to goto your folder properties and show hidden system files, not the hidden folders option and then set specifically what should be showing and what shouldn't.

Traverse to your Documents and settings after you applied the above settings:
Dir: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>

Folders that should not be hidden:
Desktop
Favorites
My Documents
Start Menu

This also applies to: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users and any other users currently on that system

Right click each individual folder > Properties and uncheck the "Hidden" option, apply then ok.

joev24

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
Hello,
All my programs have vanished, no icons on desktop, nothing is listed in 'start menu'. i cant restore to an earlier date. my programs are there when i run a scan with avg anti-virus softwate. i did have a virus called 'windows recovery' but i was told to download malwarebytes to get rid of it, which i have done. New scans don't bring up any other problems
ihave the same problem it's driving me crazy, cant seem to get any help ant where if you find an answer e mail me at jviolajr@tampabay.rr.com good luck.........

Status
Not open for further replies.