2 x Old Raptor VS 1 New Raptor ?

Hi
i have 2 Raptor 150 GB First Generation, Sata 1 still i think,
and i want to know if i buy the new generation with Sata 3, 600 GB, is theire gonna be a big difference ?
I just build a masif Gaming computer, but tought to keep my old Raptor for now till SSD go down, but they dont go down in price enough fast for me, so i wonder if the change will be a major difference, or better wait for SSD to go 1$ / GB
thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about raptor raptor
  1. Tom's recently did a review of the new Raptors- check it out in the articles section. If I were you, I'd probably stick it out and wait until you can afford a decent SSD. Plus, you're going to end up paying quite a bit for a new raptor, i.e. money that you could put towards a SSD.
  2. armymen said:
    Hi. i have 2 Raptor 150 GB First Generation, Sata 1 still i think,
    and i want to know if i buy the new generation with Sata 3, 600 GB, is theire gonna be a big difference ?
    I just build a masif Gaming computer, but tought to keep my old Raptor for now till SSD go down, but they dont go down in price enough fast for me, so i wonder if the change will be a major difference, or better wait for SSD to go 1$ / GBthanks
    Not a huge difference between the new and old velociraptors. Rather than wait for the price of SSD's to drop to 1$/GB (which may be a long time) perhaps you could purchase another 150GB velociraptor and put them in RAID0.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives SATA Raptor SSD Storage Product