Speech software for palm os 5

May 22, 2005 3:33:07 PM

Does anyone know of Speech software for palm os 5. A freind of mine
who is blind recently asked if you could get speech software for the
palm os. He says it is available for windows and symbian operating
systems but he was taken with the built in Wi-Fi in my Tungsten C.

More about : speech software palm

Anonymous
May 23, 2005 7:33:38 AM

anwile wrote:

> Does anyone know of Speech software for palm os 5. A freind of mine
> who is blind recently asked if you could get speech software for the
> palm os. He says it is available for windows and symbian operating
> systems but he was taken with the built in Wi-Fi in my Tungsten C.

There's Dragon NaturallySpeaking. I wrote about it some time ago

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/03/29/speak...

I don't think that voice commands will work, but if your friend wishes to
write documents by speech, this may be the way to go.

Roy

PS - When crossposting (alt.comp.sys.plamtops.pilot), be sure to contain all
groups within the one message, or else effort goes to waste and
communication gets forked.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com

In <d6rflb$2mcc$2@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> anwile wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of Speech software for palm os 5. A freind of mine
>> who is blind recently asked if you could get speech software for the
>> palm os. He says it is available for windows and symbian operating
>> systems but he was taken with the built in Wi-Fi in my Tungsten C.
>
> There's Dragon NaturallySpeaking. I wrote about it some time ago
>
> http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/03/29/speak...
> your-palm/
>
> I don't think that voice commands will work, but if your friend wishes
> to write documents by speech, this may be the way to go.
>
> Roy

I think that the OP was talking about software that will read text on
the screen aloud. When talking about speech for the blind it's the
ability to have text read to them that they need.

That said, I'm also visually impaired and have looked into this as well,
and I'm not aware of anything for Palm OS as of yet.

There is decent screen magnification available in Tealsoft's Teal
Magnify that is OS 5 compatible.

> PS - When crossposting (alt.comp.sys.plamtops.pilot), be sure to
> contain all groups within the one message, or else effort goes to
> waste and communication gets forked.

--
Egun On, Lagunak (Basque for G'day, Mates)
Pete Nalda

There is a software program called Hiptalk available from Handango or
PalmGear that is a Palm OS5 text to speach synthesizer.
http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=software.s...

!