  • Computers
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
April 1, 2004 3:21:14 PM

Would anyone happen to know what port numbers are used as you use the MMC, specifically Computer Management, with a remote computer? I need to know which port numbers to punch through my firewall (temporaraly, of course) to change settings (without wasting the gas to drive there)

More about : ports advanced users

Anonymous
April 1, 2004 11:26:25 PM

The MMC uses RPC. I would recommend using a VPN to connect to the inside of
your firewall and then remotely running the MMC through the VPN. Much more
secure than opening up ports for RPC traffic.

--

Thanks,
Marc Reynolds