Which ports... (Advanced Users Only...)

Would anyone happen to know what port numbers are used as you use the MMC, specifically Computer Management, with a remote computer? I need to know which port numbers to punch through my firewall (temporaraly, of course) to change settings (without wasting the gas to drive there)
1 answer Last reply
More about which ports advanced users only

    The MMC uses RPC. I would recommend using a VPN to connect to the inside of
    your firewall and then remotely running the MMC through the VPN. Much more
    secure than opening up ports for RPC traffic.

    --

    Thanks,
    Marc Reynolds

    "X0563511" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Would anyone happen to know what port numbers are used as you use the MMC,
    specifically Computer Management, with a remote computer? I need to know
    which port numbers to punch through my firewall (temporaraly, of course) to
    change settings (without wasting the gas to drive there)

Configuration Computers Microsoft Windows XP