robertito

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
God, its been months since I posted here, I come back and find that i7 is finally out, new graphics cards from Nvidia and the whole site looks different!

On topic, I REALLY need a new mouse, I'm currently using a ball mouse from our old computer, which ran Windows 98. So far I have 3 picked out:
Logitech mx518
Razer Copperhead
and Razer Deathadder

Budget is ~$50, which of those is best or throw out another option, I don't need tons of features, all It needs to have is a clicky scroll wheel, preferably at least 2 side buttons and DPI changing on the mouse itself would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance for the help, hope this is in the right category, been a while.

cheepstuff

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? $50 for a mouse. what, does it massage your hand? here's my advice...nothing over twenty dollars. there are 172 mice on newegg under $25. if there isn't one there that fits EVERY one of your needs then get your eyes checked.

robertito

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
Woah, calm down buddy, the max is $50, I can spend as little or as much as I want. A more helpful post would be to suggest one or two of those under $25 mice that have what I need, maybe one that you have and can give more information on the comfort or sensitivity or button placement. Most of those mice are probably cheap optical mice that will break on me, a higher price will hopefully ensure that it lasts longer.

Not only did you make an unnecessary post mocking my budget choice but you double posted the same thing. Try to less of a tool please, thank you.

EDIT: Ok you changed the second post to something useful, good. PS/2 is not a problem.

Now anyone else have input, for $40 I think the Mx518 is a good value.

Silverion77

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Theres also the G5 for $50 which is basically the upgrade of the MX518
Both are great mice
The Deathadder is also great, but i dont like that it doesnt have DPI on the fly...

@cheepstuff: Some ppl like to get "gaming" grade mice... Its generally the thing to have. u kno, some side buttons for knife, nade, flash....stuff like that. No need to go crazy over someone else's money

robertito

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
Totally forgot about the G5! Its right in my price range and has all the features I need, I was going to get it a while ago too.

Thanks for the help and agreeing that it's my money and I can get whatever mouse I want, the price is solely my decision.

Silverion77

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Sure thing

I mean look at me, i got the ridiculous G9 when it first came out. Nice and small like i like a mouse. Luckily it had some awesome rebates at Club It so it came to like $55
Might get the Razer Mamba later for my notebook and comp...now THATS crazy :p

cheepstuff

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
sorry if i seemed offensive, but keyboard and mouse combined shouldn't cost that much. please don't rip yourself off. a mouse just aint that sophisticated.

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008

You should try a G5, the quality difference is incredible. Virtually everone who has one will recommend it, save for people with tiny girly hands.
+1 G5 anyway, love mine.

robertito

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to get a G5. Also might pick up a HD4850, there really cheap right now I could get one for $125 after MiR, that's less than my 3850 was.

Yeah, I love my G5 (bought a second one for my laptop). I've got a Razer too, but the side buttons are way too awkward for me to use in a fight, so it became a bench spare. My favorite feature is the tilting scroll wheel. In general use, it is "Back" and "Forward," but in Guild Wars it is programmed for "Target Previous" and "Target Next." Slightly lesser mice, even with a tilting scroll wheel, may not be able to be programmed to that level of sophistication.

I have a G9 too, and I agree it is excellent. I'm not sure I'd describe it as small, but the quality is definitely there.

If someone doesn't see why a $50 mouse is worth it, they should really try a good mouse sometime. It makes an amazing difference - it's nearly impossible to go back.

Silverion77

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Agreed... i could never go back to a regular mouse.
I come down here to the home computer with a crappy microsoft optical mouse and it annoys me so much i almost get mad at it.
Luckily, our laptop from Asus might come with a Razer mouse!! no crappy touchpad

G9 is great....only complaint is that the finish on the "regular" grip with the thumb spot is starting to peel. Not a lot but its fine for now