jpmar

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
So, I've been tasked with potentially building a media center pc for some family. I don't have much experience in this so I was wondering what a good budget case would be? They are a little on the cheap side, but I don't want to cheap out and regret it later. I'd like the case to be able to accommodate a standard atx mobo. Other than that I don't have too many requirements. any other tips would be appreciated as well.
thanks

Mondoman

Splendid
I just wait for periodic Fry's (or other store) blowout specials; I used a standard mid-tower case. The first thing you need to figure out is whether you need a horizontal or vertical case, how much room you've got for it, and whether or not it will be in an enclosed space (e.g. a cabinet). You should also think about externally-accessible drive bays. I'd make sure you have at least 2 5" and 1 3" externally-accessible bays, for 2 optical drives and a "combo" flash memory reader.

I'd go with the cooler master elite 360. full atx board and power supply support and full height gpu cards fit. (althought the length depends on the size of the PSU) stands up or lays flat for 40 bucks