Sign in with
Your question

Can't Install Widows XP on SATA HD

Last response: in Windows XP
April 21, 2011 3:48:51 PM

I am trying to install a new Western Digital SATA HD(Caviar blue 500gb) to a Goldfish2-GL8E motherboard (HP a819n desktop) When I try to install my old Windows XP SP1, it appears to install but when it reboots it just cycles back around and tries to reboot again as if it doesn't recognize the HD. It appears that I am mixing the old with the new and it just isn't working.

Any help out there for this one?

More about : install widows sata

April 21, 2011 11:25:45 PM

Thanks for the response!
This sounds like what I should do. I'll give it a shot....

Thanks again.

Related resources
a b \ Driver
April 26, 2011 2:57:18 AM

One other thing that was just brought up on another thread:

Some motherboards support an IDE mode for SATA drives. The performance might be slightly less, but if you just want it to work see if your BIOS has an IDE mode for SATA drives.
April 26, 2011 9:57:23 AM

PhilFrisbie said:
One other thing that was just brought up on another thread:

Some motherboards support an IDE mode for SATA drives. The performance might be slightly less, but if you just want it to work see if your BIOS has an IDE mode for SATA drives.

Thanks for the response and your previous help. This weekend I made a slipstreamed XP/SATA drivers disk as you had mentioned and everything loaded up just fine.

Thanks again for your help..
a b \ Driver
April 26, 2011 6:59:26 PM

pjsteel said:
Thanks for the response and your previous help. This weekend I made a slipstreamed XP/SATA drivers disk as you had mentioned and everything loaded up just fine.

Thanks again for your help..

So you are saying I had the best answer ;)  (hint...hint) :D 
!