Will this card = a New Sytem ?

FASTHatTrick

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
Will this $100 card basically achieve what I want. Which is the ability to play most new games on the block these days at a respectable FPS rate (running med to low settings). Granted I had plans to build a new system since last year, but the finances have been non-existent. So in lieu of a new system, why not just replace my old Video Card (which really is the one item on the current system that prevents me from playing new games).

Ok here are the details:

My System :

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
System Manufacturer MSI
System Model MS-6585
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2813 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 07.00T, 4/2/2001
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Total Physical Memory 4,096.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 726.91 MB 1GB RAM
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.41 GB

My Cards: (AGP and PCI slots, no PCI Express)

MSI Motherboard

ATI RADEON PRO 128MB AGP

So here is the new card I want. Would this upgrade allow me to play CRYSIS (now getting 2-8 FPS with all settings on low in a firefight)

What the New Card will probably be.

I am simply looking for a bandaid to get me through about 12 months.

customisbetter

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
Sorry dude, but that system will not get you the performance you a re looking for. You will need a new system to play medium in anything modern.

You could buy the 3850 AGP card you listed and you will see a significant improvement, but not enough to play modern games at medium high settings. CRYSIS IS NOT going to get better during firefights as thats when the game becomes very CPU Dependant and your CPU is ages old. Sorry dude.

Good luck!