Sign in with
Your question

Hi. New here. Anyone get a DX58SO and a 29320LPE Adaptec card to work

Last response: in Motherboards
March 19, 2009 6:20:25 PM

Hi. I'm new to the forum. Was wondering if anyone got an Adaptec SCSI Host Adapter to work on their X58 board, specifically the DX58SO.

It will not POST no matter what I do. Thought the card was damaged but tried it on a A8N-SLI board and it POSTed. I put my old PCI 29160 card in and it did post so it's definately the MB / SCSI card combo that wrong.

And I think I've tried everything, from the latest BIOS, to change many different options in the BIOS (except the timings/voltage which are all at default)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
March 24, 2009 6:07:54 PM

I have exactly the same problem. Same Intel DX58SO and same 29320LPE PCIe X1 scsi card. I too have tried all the things you mention above and have scoured the internet for a solution, but found none. I have found that the SCSI card is working. After loading Vista64 on a SATA drive, I can access the SCSI Drives, but I really wanted to boot from them as I have 3 - 147GB Fujitsu 10K U320 SCSI Drives !!!!

Any ideas would be welcome........
March 24, 2009 6:11:54 PM

dnetllc said:
I have exactly the same problem. Same Intel DX58SO and same 29320LPE PCIe X1 scsi card. I too have tried all the things you mention above and have scoured the internet for a solution, but found none. I have found that the SCSI card is working. After loading Vista64 on a SATA drive, I can access the SCSI Drives, but I really wanted to boot from them as I have 3 - 147GB Fujitsu 10K U320 SCSI Drives !!!!

Any ideas would be welcome........

So Wait, you got the SCSI card to recognize in an OS? have you got it to POST ? meaning were you able to see the SCSI Bios info during initial bootup?
!