Hi. New here. Anyone get a DX58SO and a 29320LPE Adaptec card to work

Hi. I'm new to the forum. Was wondering if anyone got an Adaptec SCSI Host Adapter to work on their X58 board, specifically the DX58SO.

It will not POST no matter what I do. Thought the card was damaged but tried it on a A8N-SLI board and it POSTed. I put my old PCI 29160 card in and it did post so it's definately the MB / SCSI card combo that wrong.

And I think I've tried everything, from the latest BIOS, to change many different options in the BIOS (except the timings/voltage which are all at default)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about here dx58so 29320lpe adaptec card work
  1. I have exactly the same problem. Same Intel DX58SO and same 29320LPE PCIe X1 scsi card. I too have tried all the things you mention above and have scoured the internet for a solution, but found none. I have found that the SCSI card is working. After loading Vista64 on a SATA drive, I can access the SCSI Drives, but I really wanted to boot from them as I have 3 - 147GB Fujitsu 10K U320 SCSI Drives !!!!

Any ideas would be welcome........
  2. dnetllc said:
    I have exactly the same problem. Same Intel DX58SO and same 29320LPE PCIe X1 scsi card. I too have tried all the things you mention above and have scoured the internet for a solution, but found none. I have found that the SCSI card is working. After loading Vista64 on a SATA drive, I can access the SCSI Drives, but I really wanted to boot from them as I have 3 - 147GB Fujitsu 10K U320 SCSI Drives !!!!

Any ideas would be welcome........

So Wait, you got the SCSI card to recognize in an OS? have you got it to POST ? meaning were you able to see the SCSI Bios info during initial bootup?
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards SCSI Adaptec