MarkyV223

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2004
I'm trying to set up a FTP server for the first time b/c it will be really convienant for me. I'm using the built-in FTP server you can install with WinXP Pro. I have a legal copy of Windows and all the properties seem to be set up right, with perhaps the execption of the username and password. So I set the Username to what it originaly is: ISU_(name) (or however it is orginaly setup, I'm not at my computer right now) so I set the user name to my own preference and I turn off the option "allow IIP to set passwords" and I set my own password. but when I try to access the FTP server to test it, the login window comes up, and I type in the login name and password EXACTLy as I put it in in the preferences, and it ells me wrong username/password. It's frustrating, at first I thought it might be m y firewall, but even when its turned off, no lukc. I tried removing then reinstalling the FTP server, no luck, any body with exeperence tell me waht they do>?

blackphoenix77

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2004
Does it cost money to set up a FTP server if you don't have WindowsXP Pro?

<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?michael:)" target="_new"> You Want To Click Me, Go Ahead:) </A>

MarkyV223

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2004
I honestly don't know of any freeware ftp servers. but you could buy a program, (a few are mentioned in the FTP setup guide on pcstats) I don't know how much one of hte programs cost.