standby - str or not

possibly not right group but I suspect XP would prefer it to be set before
installation.

What are the advantages of STR (Suspend To Ram) (if any)?

At present I am using STR but find it is a bit too 'deep' and stops hardware
(keyboard, mouse etc) from waking the system.

Would normal (to disk?) be better?

I do 'Hibernate' after a few hours (in case I am called away).

This is a desktop system.

- R. Peters
1 answer Last reply
More about standby

    It sounds like you are trying to set a setting in your BIOS?

    In any case, I would imagine that suspend to disk would have the same effect
    as hibernate.

    --
    Please reply in newsgroup.

    "R. Peters" <russellpeters._@_.bigpond.com> wrote in message
    > possibly not right group but I suspect XP would prefer it to be set before
    > installation.
    >
    > What are the advantages of STR (Suspend To Ram) (if any)?
    >
    > At present I am using STR but find it is a bit too 'deep' and stops
    hardware
    > (keyboard, mouse etc) from waking the system.
    >
    > Would normal (to disk?) be better?
    >
    > I do 'Hibernate' after a few hours (in case I am called away).
    >
    > This is a desktop system.
    >
    > - R. Peters

Configuration Windows XP