G

Well it was my first build, and at initial startup everything went right, it went straight to BIOS, then after I hit save and exit it turned off, and when I went to turn it back on it didnt. Basically the fans just spin stop spin stop etc. I get no display, so far ive reset my CMOS and thats all ive done.. any help is GREATLY apprecited, thanks

G

Specs:

ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core

Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Antec Neo Power 500 500W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Modular
Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM

CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual

Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X4096-6400C5 - Retail

SAPPHIRE 100245L Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express
2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model

G

i let it fan off and fan on for 20 seconds without freaking out and cutting the power and it turned on! is that normal?

I'd double check all of your front panel connections, the ones that hook up to your power, reset, power LED, HD LED, etc. Maybe one of them is connected wrong, like the reset or power one?? It also seems that there might be something going on with the PSU? Not sure though, but a possibility. Might also want to try and stick with 1 stick of RAM, not that it's any issue, but easier to troubleshoot with minimal parts.

G

Okay so Ive figured out how to get it running but its quite the ordeal, something is deffinately wrong maybe this'll help you guys.. I have to unplug it for at least two hours, literally unplug it from the power supply. Then I can plug it back in and itll start no problem. But if I turn it off and try to turn it back on after it doesnt start, it keeps trying to start but it wont. So if I wanted to turn it on after that Id have to unplug it for another two hours.

How long does it stay on when you finally get it up and running? I'm wondering if you have a temperature related problem on the mobo or something. My other thought is the PSU might have some issues, if you could borrow or if you had another PSU around I'd try using it to eliminate it from the picture.

G

Oh the longest ive had it on for is an hour before I decided to turn it off. I mean I even got Windows XP onto it. Im on my way to P.C. Richards to test my psu there. Ill be reporting back soon.

G

Damn, the guy thought I was talking about the PSU Cable, so back to where I was, Im going to put this PSU into another computer and see how that goes.