XFX jump ship

rangers

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
We've managed to confirm that XFX will join the ATI camp at the start of the new year. XFX won't drop Nvidia products either, but obviously, Nvidia won't be thrilled by this turn of events.

There's been a lot of talk of Nvidia partner defections and reshuffles in recent months, and some have already gone red. XFX is just following the trend and leaving Nvidia in a rather awkward situation of having just a single powerful Nvidia exclusive partner - EVGA.

We can't say we're surprised, after all we've reported about strains in Nvidia-AIB partner relations on many occasions. Low margins, the lack of competitive products in several market segments, coupled with the economic slowdown which is exasperating the situation further, are obviously pushing Nvidia AIBs to embrace ATI.

We will try to find out more and see how Nvidia reacts to this latest development so stay tuned.

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10918&Itemid=1

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
I saw, but I was waiting for someone else to post in order to comment :) Pretty neat, XFX always offered competitive prices, so I might find myself buying from them yet again (as long as they decide to include better cooling solutions).

col-p-todd

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
This is great now i can buy ati cards with the best warranty for gpu's I love it. so now i can say for sure my next gpu will be a XFX.

rangers

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
the news is coming thick and fast from this, and nvidia's new dual GT200 card, to ATI already taped out a 40nm chip, its all looking good for next year

orangedrink

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2008

hows their warranty like? hopefully similar to visiontek (lifetime?)

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
very similar to ASUS, MSI, Palit having offerings from Nvidia and ATI. the real good news in this is getting an ATI card from a vendor with excellent customer support. i would take one of theirs over visiontech any day of the week.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
XFX provides the best customer support out of any product I've ever used! Also their warranty is not a lifetime warranty.... ITS A DOUBLE LIFE TIME WARRANTY! I pray that this is true, because I will never need to debate between ATI card makers again! Though HIS has been good to me I suppose.

soundefx

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
I am glad because now the other ATi sellers have to make their cards a little more appealing. Maybe giving two games, better warrenty.. I have no idea.
It's good being a consumer when there is competition.

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
XFX is probably number 2 or 3 in ranks of Nvidia vendors in terms of customer service. They will probably quickly become the top choice for ATI cards due to their liberal warranty policies and enthusiast friendly existence. Be interesting to see some ATI Black Edition video cards massively overclocked and top tier service to back them up.

This is awesome - I'll definitely buy my next ATI card from them (assuming that I don't go Nvidia for my next GPU). They're second only to EVGA among my favorite graphics vendors.

I think EVGA is still Nvidia exclusive, other than the X58 board (which you'll notice is still a fairly nvidia-centric product, as it advertises tri-sli compatibility about six hundred times, with crossfire x support mentioned in a single location in fine print IIRC).

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007

I noticed that myself when the product first launched. There is no mention of Crossfire support on the website or the box itself, only a single line in the manual/PDF sheet. Pretty pathetic.

Also, XFX just announced a X58 board, and it looks about twice as good as the EVGA one. http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10905&Itemid=1 Has no giant oversized unneeded NB heatsink/fan, and has no giant oversized unneeded mosfet TOWER like the EVGA one does.