Hi guys,
Just built my first computer from the ground up. Here are the specs:

Foxconn P45A-S mobo
2x2gigs corsair 800 RAM
Geforce 7900 GS
Ultimate LSP 750 watt PSU
Q6600 Quad core

I'm running Vista 64 bit Ultimate.
As you can see its a bit of a budget gaming pc but its getting the job done for now.
I'm decent with computers but not pro.. I CAN'T GET MY HEADSET MIC TO WORK FOR THE LIFE OF ME. It does work on another pc so its not the mic.
I have tried installing drivers off the mobo manufacturer site. (All in all I have tried 3 diff drivers, 1 of them being the packaged windows hd audio drivers)
I have tried disabling the front port and sticking it in the back port and vice versa. I have tried making sure its set to default and all that.
With the realtek HD drivers when I plug the thing into a port the associated program picks up that I plugged a mic into it. Everything seems fine but when it comes down to it the darn thing does not pick up my voice in any program! (voice recorder, ventrilo)
Please help! I'm pulling my hair out.
Thanks!
Travis

Oh and the mic is a headset/mic made by logitech. With the little audio input plug not the USB

Travis436

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2008
Thats funny a guy on the phone gave me that info today as well. The thing is though that my problem seems to run deeper. I can't use the sound recorder or anything. Its as if the comp is not hearing me through the mic at all. I am going to try to find older realtek drivers and install them 1 by 1 and maybe get lucky.