Sign in with
Your question

Need Help

Last response: in Storage
April 26, 2010 2:40:34 AM

I was running diskeeper defrag when it froze up hafl way trhu and could not get computer to respond to anything. Key board would not work only way to stop was a power button shut down. Now computer will not find hard drive or any operating system to boot from. Have installed new hard drive and still cant get second to be found. Is there any software i can put onto dvd that i can boot to to run a repair utility on for this hard drive ?

Specs
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4000
Asus M2N61-AX mobo with nforce 430 chipset
4 Gigs ram
Nvidia 8600 gt 512gig video
Samsung 320gig hard drive
WD 500 gig har drive
Windows Vista Home Premium
Enermax 535 watt psu

More about : question

April 26, 2010 3:03:55 AM

CSJunkie said:
I was running diskeeper defrag when it froze up hafl way trhu and could not get computer to respond to anything. Key board would not work only way to stop was a power button shut down. Now computer will not find hard drive or any operating system to boot from. Have installed new hard drive and still cant get second to be found. Is there any software i can put onto dvd that i can boot to to run a repair utility on for this hard drive ?

Specs
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4000
Asus M2N61-AX mobo with nforce 430 chipset
4 Gigs ram
Nvidia 8600 gt 512gig video
Samsung 320gig hard drive
WD 500 gig har drive
Windows Vista Home Premium
Enermax 535 watt psu

They are sata drives
m
l
April 26, 2010 5:27:58 AM

also if i plug in the satat drive i cant get to do anything along with my good drive widows will stop loading a soon a first windows screen comes up
m
l
!