Should I upgrade from Vista-64 to Windows 7-64?

I can get Windows 7 Professional upgrade for 30 bucks using student discount. Is there enough of a performance, compatibility friendliness, and quality difference for me to make the switch? I do like the general layout and flow of Windows 7, but that's probably not enough alone to make me switch.

Thanks!
9 answers Last reply
More about should upgrade vista windows
  1. If you can get that upgrade for that cost you would be mad if you didn't buy it. Win 7 is better than Vista for many reasons. Buy the upgrade for sure.
  2. You should absolutly do the upgrade. I was a die hard Windows XP 64 bit fan and never switched ti Vista but I made the switch to Win 7 64 bit and have never looked back.
  3. windows 7 64bit is MILES above XP, which is miles above vista. do it.
  4. Windows 7>Windows XP>Windows 2000>Windows 98SE>Windows 98>Windows 95>Windows ME> Windows Vista IMO
  5. c0oim4n said:
    Windows 7>Windows XP>Windows 2000>Windows 98SE>Windows 98>Windows 95>Windows ME> Windows Vista IMO

:o lol
  6. c0oim4n said:
    Windows 7>Windows XP>Windows 2000>Windows 98SE>Windows 98>Windows 95>Windows ME> Windows Vista IMO

I do think that Vista was better than ME. :heink:
  7. ark300 said:
    I can get Windows 7 Professional upgrade for 30 bucks using student discount. Is there enough of a performance, compatibility friendliness, and quality difference for me to make the switch? I do like the general layout and flow of Windows 7, but that's probably not enough alone to make me switch.

Thanks!

For $30, its hard to say no.

I don't subscribe to the notion that its better than XP. Its not. Just has more bells and whistles. But Vista is a different story. And even with XP, just buy it and save it for later. I don't think you will ever see a better price than that.
  8. Man go for it. Vista sucks!!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Switch Windows Vista Performance