Asus Striker II extreme O.C.

BigDaddyBullDOg

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
OK here it is I have an asus striker II extreme, intel Q9550, OCZ reaper OCZ3rpr13332gX2gig 4096 total ram, and X2 8800gts 512mb graphics card with water cooling on the cpu and 4X120 fans and a 200 on top af an antec case. 1tbhd and a 500gb external. I am trying to find the best O.C. settings for windows 7 x64. I have it right now cpu clock 3623.1mhz 8.5multiplier, cpu fsb 426.2mhz, mem bus 852.5mhz, dram ratio 2:1, timings are 7-7-7-21 according to everest but startup seems very slow. I have done every tweek to win 7 that is out there. my cpu is a yorkfeild E0 stepping, rev 0001067Ah. If anyone has any suggestions as to voltage etc (which are all default) I would appreciate it. I am not brand new to O.C. but still just new enough.

Solution
Try PMing ArthurH his setup is almost identical to yours even the same stepping, and he has one of the best overall OCs of that setup you'll find.

The link below was invaluable to me in my Striker II Extreme OCing, contains very in depth BIOS explanations.

OCing the Q9550 is definitely a juggling and balancing act but the Striker II Extreme can get you there if you educate yourself first, The highest OC I reached was 4.0G, but ArthurH has reached 4.25 so in my humble opinion he is the king of OCing that setup.

I was air cooling using a Xigmatek S1283, and ArthurH is Water Cooling straight from the Tap, no pump, so he gets extremely good results bypassing ambient room temperature altogether...
Try PMing ArthurH his setup is almost identical to yours even the same stepping, and he has one of the best overall OCs of that setup you'll find.

The link below was invaluable to me in my Striker II Extreme OCing, contains very in depth BIOS explanations.

OCing the Q9550 is definitely a juggling and balancing act but the Striker II Extreme can get you there if you educate yourself first, The highest OC I reached was 4.0G, but ArthurH has reached 4.25 so in my humble opinion he is the king of OCing that setup.

I was air cooling using a Xigmatek S1283, and ArthurH is Water Cooling straight from the Tap, no pump, so he gets extremely good results bypassing ambient room temperature altogether.

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3283&p=1

I refer you to ArthurH as I'm not running that platform OC'd anymore, Good Luck to you in your OCing endeavors! Ryan

Solution