New Build, Everything working except USB

thegodlikeone

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2007
Hi,

So I am putting a new PC together for my friend (Gigabyte GA-EP31-DS3L, E2180, 2GB RAM and a 9600GT)

Everything thing works perfectly (Hard drives load up, monitor has a picture, all fans are running, CD drives work ect)

Except for the USB ports. None of them, including the ones on the front of the case (plugged into the USB connector on the MB) and the USB ports that go directly into the motherboard on the back work. They will not power a basic mouse and keyboard.
Basically, do you guys have any suggestions of things I could try?

Thanks for all the help in advance!

I've never had to do this, but it is definately something to look into. If it's enabled in the BIOS than I'd figure that the mobo has issues.

thegodlikeone

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2007
Thanks for all the replies already.

I will try changing some options in bios, assuming that a PS/2 keyboard will work. Though I don't have any PS/2 keyboards at hand, so will have to use an adapater. (USB to PS/2)

If not and no keyboards work I will try messing around with the connectors again. Will report back on how it goes.

Thanks

(Just to clear things up, currently using just a USB keyboard, I can't get in bios as the PC does not recognise it and things like the num lock light not comming on confirm this)