Small Shuttle-esque case: Which to go for?

G

I've just purchased a Q9550 2.83GHz quadcore chip + mobo combo (got it for $229! woo!) and am probably going to sell the motherboard for a bit more robust one.

On that note, my adventure begins:

I'm trying to build the most powerful machine possible while limited with size constraints. Trying to do a Shuttle model or a Shuttle-style custom case type of platform that I can fit a micro-ATX motherboard into while still managing to get the benefits of, say, dual slot PCI-E graphics cards fitting fine, room for a strong power supply, etc. DDR2 OR 3 compatibility would be a plus.

Are there any sharp looking cases out there that can fit a nice micro ATX case without any problems? Or could I just gut a Shuttle, like the Shuttle touchscreen model?

G

Do people ever gut out the Shuttle's motherboard and insert their own? Could you do that with a microATX board of your choice? I can imagine it working with some hardware fabrication/cutting. I am also interested in a second power supply as I know a Shuttle can hold a 2-slot high performance card but usually just can't power it.

Thoughts?