No Signal Problem

Feenster

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2008
Hey guys I'm really at a loss here and need help. I bought a new 32" Samsung LCD TV and I tried to use it as my PC monitor temporarily just to watch a movie in HD and then go back to my regular Viewsonic 19" monitor.

Short Version: I tried to get my 32" LCD TV to work with my PC and now both my PC monitor and TV display "No Signal" when I boot my PC. So now I can change any settings on my PC because neither my TV or monitor show anything.

Long Version: I first just tried plugging the monitor cable into the TV to see if it was as easy as that. My TV just said "Mode Not Supported." I figure my PC has the Viewsonic drivers installed so it won't just automatically change the resolution for the TV. So I then go into my Nvidia control panel and went to "Set up multiple displays" and checked off the box to automatically detect my TV on the next reboot. At first it looked good on my TV. I saw my motherboard splash screen the the "Windows" screen with the loading bar on the bottom but after that my TV read "No Signal." The exact same thing happens with my Viewsonic monitor now so now I can't even use my PC at all.

Here are my PC specs:
Windows XP Pro
Viewsonic 19" LCD monitor
GeForce 8800GT 512mb
Gigabyte mobo

32" Samsung LCD TV

unclefester

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
I'm thinking on boot up hit F8 go into the safemode and uninstall Nvidia drivers, reboot and see if you have display. If you do then reinstall driver. You will have to reinstall the viewsonic driver also. Not sure, but Sounds like you may have hit yes on the HDMI . At least thats what happen to me a few months back.
Hope this helps
UF