Sign in with
Your question

One file, multiple names

Last response: in Windows XP
April 22, 2011 5:05:51 PM

Hello, I have a folder with 100's of different images,is it possible to create a .bat file that will copy and rename a single image multiple times with the names of each file from the original folder??
Thanks.

More about : file multiple names

April 22, 2011 6:46:07 PM

not with batch, but you can do it with a vb script. sorry i dont know vb, but i know its possible.

it would be something like this,
create variables for each of the 100's pics names
copy the single image 100's of times
name each copy with a name from the original 100's
m
l
April 23, 2011 12:46:37 AM

Let's get this straight...

You want to make 100's of picture files all have the same picture, but have the names of the originals?

Sounds too treacherous to me. I sense foul play at work here.

m
l
Related resources
April 23, 2011 9:25:50 AM

I'm basically creating themes for a UI and wish to use the same image for all the different buttons, tabs, menu backgrounds etc.
Ive been copy and pasting but i'm growing bored of that method, nothing foul being played 8-)
m
l
April 23, 2011 4:30:06 PM

mark d said:
I'm basically creating themes for a UI and wish to use the same image for all the different buttons, tabs, menu backgrounds etc.
Ive been copy and pasting but i'm growing bored of that method, nothing foul being played 8-)

I'm glad to hear an honorable reason exist for such a thing. Look at your proposal from someone else's point of view and it was quite suspect.

Here's some things to make life easier...

Make directory file list

Look at bottom of page for free version

Rename from list

These two programs may be what you are looking for. Good luck.
m
l
April 26, 2011 12:25:46 PM

tigsounds said:
I'm glad to hear an honorable reason exist for such a thing. Look at your proposal from someone else's point of view and it was quite suspect.

Here's some things to make life easier...

Make directory file list

Look at bottom of page for free version

Rename from list

These two programs may be what you are looking for. Good luck.

Thank you,

I've managed to create a .bat file that will generate .txt file containing the names of all the files inside of folder "X".

RenList is one solution but it only renames 5 files per time, i need something that will rename them all (freeware). :) 
m
l
!