silvers46

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
hey this might sound like a dumb question but i just got a new hsf its a Rosewill RCX-Z775-EX (here is the link from newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200026) but i also got some artic silver 5 thermal compound to use instead of the rosewill stuff. my stock intel hsf at idle was around 42c and load 65c with my new one im at 38c idle and load 60c. the instructions that came with the rosewill hsf just said to wipe cpu clean with paper towel (i didnt use and solvent just paper towel) so i did and applied the new paste and mounted everything. the instructions also said to use about pinky nail size ball of thermal paste which i thought was to much but wasnt sure. my problem is i just dont feel like i am getting the results that other ppl have got with this hsf ppl are saying there getting around 32c idle and 48c load my cpu is the e7300 running at 2.66ghz (stock speed) im not sure if im crazy or if something isnt right but i dont really want to take everything apart if that sounds about right so hopefully i can get some input on wether its worth it to remove the hsf and reaply everything or just leave it how it is

silvers46

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
nevermind pulled a noob stunt i left the plastic cover between hsf and cpu. so just in case anyone else is having troubles with their hsf double check to make sure u didnt make the same mistake i did :)