Wireless VGA kits

zante

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2007
I'm looking for a reliable means of getting a signal from my laptop to an HDTV across the room from me. I haven't yet bought the TV but I'm planning ahead.

Can anyone recommended wireless setup for this?

Experiences with wireless vga kits are appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Zenthar

Distinguished
First let me say I have no experience with wireless video; however, I did some research in the past since I was looking for alternatives for a HTPC. First, there could be a degree of lag which makes it less than ideal for gaming, but quite ok for audio/video. BTW, do you also need the sound to also be sent wirelessly to the the TV? They also cost 150$+.

Have you considered using cables from you laptop to your TV, but use wireless keyboards/mouse/remote? Since they became quite cheap, you can probably save money and trouble.

zante

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2007
Cabling is untidy but it may be the best solution. : )

I had intended to stream HD media and play a few graphically intense games on it.

the last resort

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
there really isnt anything that can stream HD video wirelessly. If you think about it, that wireless connection has to transmit 138240000 pixels of data every second (for 1920x1200, 60fps). That's quite alot of data, and there is a high probability of loss and lag which would make it less than ideal for HD videos and games.