Sign in with
Your question

Intel QST board fan speed

Last response: in Motherboards
March 22, 2009 12:55:36 AM

I'm not particularly fond of the Intel QST variable fan speed system on my Intel DG965WH board. There is nothing in BIOS to shut off QST so I could get the fan to run at full speed. Max speed on my fan is 2800 rpm and just sitting doing nothing it runs about 500-800 rpm. I would rather it just run full blast all the time. The only time I have ever seen the fan run maximum is during a stress test on the CPU.

The only thing in BIOS for fan control is: Aggressive, Normal, Slow. That its. Damping: High, Normal.

The heatsink fan is a 4 pin connector straight to the motherboard.

Anyone have any ideas on how to shut off Intel QST or some way to give the fan full power all the time.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 20, 2010 11:14:31 PM

Have you tried going into BIOS Maintenance mode (by setting the jumper on the MB) and changing the 'Unlock Intel QST' setting? I believe it defaults to No. If you change it to Yes, you may be able to control it via software and get what you're looking for. Only thing is, I'm not sure how this software control is achieved (OS, some utility, etc ...?)
December 31, 2013 10:03:56 PM

HELLO TO SOLVE THIS PROBLE PLEASE GO TO MOTHER BOARD BIOS JUMPER SETTING AND SET JUMPER TO BIOS RECOVERY HERE YOU ON CPU AND IN BIOS FIRST OPTION INTEL QST SETTING LOCK AND SLECT NO .THAT IS FINAL TURN OFF POWER SET BIOS JUMPER IN NORMAL MODE .NOW YOU CAN OPTIMIZED YOUR FAN SPEED WITH FAN CONTROLER SOFTWARE.
!