Recommended: Intel® Pentium® 2.4 GHz (1.6 GHz dual core processor) or equivalent AMD processor. Faster processor will produce faster performance. During the installation process the software checks to make sure your system meets the minimum requirements. If your system does not meet the requirements, the software will not be installed.
- Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4 or higher), or Windows Server 2000 (Service Pack 4 or higher), Windows Server 2003, Windows XP Home or Windows XP Professional (32-bit with Service Pack 2 or higher), and Windows Vista Home or Professional Windows Vista with or without Service Pack 1 (32-bit only).
- 512 MB RAM minimum. Recommended: 1 GB RAM or more. For Windows Vista, 1GB RAM is required. Recommended for Vista is 2 GB of RAM or more
- Minimum of 1 GB of free hard disk space for a custom Installation where you install only the program files and 1 set of speech files. Installations can range from 800 MB (US English Standard Edition) to 2.5 GB (US English Medical Edition)
- Sound card capable of recording, set to 16 bit 11 KHz for audio recording. Every sound card since 1997 or earlier does this.
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6 or higher (free download available at www.microsoft.com)
- An Internet connection for product activation. DVD drive required for installation.