LG GSA-H62L driver

dcpax1

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
I think i deleted my drivers for this cdrom?
It doesnt show when I bring up MY COMPUTER. I dont know where to find the drivers. Can someone help.

dcpax1

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
I get an exclamation mark if I go into the device manager but when I go to my computer there is nothing there.

Does it boot from the CDROM if you insert a bootable CD?

If you deleted the drivers, then the system should try to load them again. If you actually deleted Windows files (they are from Microsoft, not LG), then you could them them from the installation CD or the Internet. You actually deleted C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys

and possibly these files as well?
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\stoprop.dll

dcpax1

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
OK I just checked for those files. I have all of them but the last one.
and when i put a disc in it doesnt do anything. then i go to run and try to browes but find no icon for the dvd/cd rom. I know where it should be but it is not there.
It has not run on its own when I put in a disc for a long time , since they installed it. I wish it did.
dang this is frustrating. I thank you for being so patient.

If you insert a bootable CD and the system is configured to boot from the CDROM before the hard disk and it doesn't boot from the CD, then your CDROM drive is defective or not connected. In order to perform that test, you need to reboot the system, not merely insert a bootable CD in the CDROM drive. You also need to make sure that the sytem boots from the CDROM before the hard disk. What motherbaord do you have?

dcpax1

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
I should prob. just take it in. I think this is way over my head. I have no clue what mother board i have. and I dont know how to reboot it the way your saying it.
You have been so patient with me, Im sure i havent been easy to work with.