Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

[The Sims 2] New Patch!

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 8:37:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

http://thesims2.ea.com/update/

Only new things listed as fixes are:

# Fixed Custom Content Browser support for Asian territories.
# Fixed bugs related to downloadable objects.
# Re-enables the in-game browser for Asian territories (was disabled
in the previous patch).

It's 17.5 megabytes.
--

More about : sims patch

Anonymous
January 12, 2005 3:36:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Jeremy Reaban wrote:
> http://thesims2.ea.com/update/
>
> Only new things listed as fixes are:
>
> # Fixed Custom Content Browser support for Asian territories.
> # Fixed bugs related to downloadable objects.
> # Re-enables the in-game browser for Asian territories (was disabled
> in the previous patch).
>
> It's 17.5 megabytes.

It only fixes those things and it's 17.5 MEGABYTES?!?!?!?!

--
--Cuth
January 12, 2005 4:08:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:41E470BD.1080605@earthlink.net...
> Jeremy Reaban wrote:
>> http://thesims2.ea.com/update/
>>
>> Only new things listed as fixes are:
>>
>> # Fixed Custom Content Browser support for Asian territories.
>> # Fixed bugs related to downloadable objects.
>> # Re-enables the in-game browser for Asian territories (was disabled
>> in the previous patch).
>>
>> It's 17.5 megabytes.
>
> It only fixes those things and it's 17.5 MEGABYTES?!?!?!?!
>
> --
> --Cuth
Fixes a lot more but it seems like the patch we already had.
Related resources
January 12, 2005 5:14:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Pardon my ignore is this SECOND patch ?
January 12, 2005 5:24:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

"Wesley" <ilovekiss@bless.you.com> wrote in message
news:sK%Ed.114805$K7.10326@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Pardon my ignore is this SECOND patch ?

I guess it is. When you go to the site it explains it.
>
>
>
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 10:14:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

D wrote:
> I'm sorry but I just don't get it
> I read everything and it seems like the old patch
> exact same
> However I will install it...
> just because my Sims are being so weird with that damn chess table..
>
> it's spooky I tells you
>

I have downloaded it and tried installing twice and both times I get
"error during installation" with no further explanation.

Anyone else getting this?

--
--Cuth
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 2:08:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

It fixes all the old problems too - what I want to know is . . . _what_ bugs
relating to downloadable objects?

MM



"Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:41E470BD.1080605@earthlink.net...
> Jeremy Reaban wrote:
> > http://thesims2.ea.com/update/
> >
> > Only new things listed as fixes are:
> >
> > # Fixed Custom Content Browser support for Asian territories.
> > # Fixed bugs related to downloadable objects.
> > # Re-enables the in-game browser for Asian territories (was disabled
> > in the previous patch).
> >
> > It's 17.5 megabytes.
>
> It only fixes those things and it's 17.5 MEGABYTES?!?!?!?!
>
> --
> --Cuth
>
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 2:10:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I'm not going to install it until somebody tells me what it'll actually do
to downloaded objects - as for the error message, had you installed the
first patch? The problem sounds like one we had with the first patch and
altered executables (ie no cd and/or nudity patched).

MM



"Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:41E4CE00.2070808@earthlink.net...
> D wrote:
> > I'm sorry but I just don't get it
> > I read everything and it seems like the old patch
> > exact same
> > However I will install it...
> > just because my Sims are being so weird with that damn chess table..
> >
> > it's spooky I tells you
> >
>
> I have downloaded it and tried installing twice and both times I get
> "error during installation" with no further explanation.
>
> Anyone else getting this?
>
> --
> --Cuth
>
January 12, 2005 5:34:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

This started happening only very recently
*very* recently and we all seemed to download and install that patch at the
same time
and I think someone has that bug in this newsgroup

I mean it doesn't totally interfere with gameplay
it just annoys me

--
- D
"Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
news:MA7Fd.115902$K7.45519@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> I'm not going to install it until somebody tells me what it'll actually do
> to downloaded objects - as for the error message, had you installed the
> first patch? The problem sounds like one we had with the first patch and
> altered executables (ie no cd and/or nudity patched).
>
> MM
>
>
>
> "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:41E4CE00.2070808@earthlink.net...
>> D wrote:
>> > I'm sorry but I just don't get it
>> > I read everything and it seems like the old patch
>> > exact same
>> > However I will install it...
>> > just because my Sims are being so weird with that damn chess table..
>> >
>> > it's spooky I tells you
>> >
>>
>> I have downloaded it and tried installing twice and both times I get
>> "error during installation" with no further explanation.
>>
>> Anyone else getting this?
>>
>> --
>> --Cuth
>>
>
>
January 14, 2005 12:06:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

It looks like the same patch to me
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 4:43:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:37:19 -0600, "Jeremy Reaban"
<jer@connectria.com> wrote:

>http://thesims2.ea.com/update/
>
>Only new things listed as fixes are:
>
># Fixed Custom Content Browser support for Asian territories.
># Fixed bugs related to downloadable objects.
># Re-enables the in-game browser for Asian territories (was disabled
>in the previous patch).
>
>It's 17.5 megabytes.


Of course they haven't fixed the overly loud tv problem via this
patch...grrrr
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 6:58:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

elsa wrote:
> Of course they haven't fixed the overly loud tv problem via this
> patch...grrrr

Just turn the volume down in the sound options...
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 9:20:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:58:46 -0000, "Will Bradshaw"
<wbradshaw@beasolutions.com> wrote:

>elsa wrote:
>> Of course they haven't fixed the overly loud tv problem via this
>> patch...grrrr
>
>Just turn the volume down in the sound options...
>

I had done that already, but it's still an obvious problem that they
should have addressed in this patch ...
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 10:41:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

"mac" <123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:VM6dnd31tOFkTHrcRVn-rA@comcast.com...
> It looks like the same patch to me

no the second patch works for both DVD and cd versions
!