[The Sims 2] New Patch!

http://thesims2.ea.com/update/

Only new things listed as fixes are:

# Fixed Custom Content Browser support for Asian territories.
# Fixed bugs related to downloadable objects.
# Re-enables the in-game browser for Asian territories (was disabled
in the previous patch).

It's 17.5 megabytes.
More about sims patch

    Jeremy Reaban wrote:
    > http://thesims2.ea.com/update/
    >
    > Only new things listed as fixes are:
    >
    > # Fixed Custom Content Browser support for Asian territories.
    > # Fixed bugs related to downloadable objects.
    > # Re-enables the in-game browser for Asian territories (was disabled
    > in the previous patch).
    >
    > It's 17.5 megabytes.

    It only fixes those things and it's 17.5 MEGABYTES?!?!?!?!

    --
    --Cuth

    > Jeremy Reaban wrote:
    >> http://thesims2.ea.com/update/
    >>
    >> Only new things listed as fixes are:
    >>
    >> # Fixed Custom Content Browser support for Asian territories.
    >> # Fixed bugs related to downloadable objects.
    >> # Re-enables the in-game browser for Asian territories (was disabled
    >> in the previous patch).
    >>
    >> It's 17.5 megabytes.
    >
    > It only fixes those things and it's 17.5 MEGABYTES?!?!?!?!
    >
    > --
    > --Cuth
    Fixes a lot more but it seems like the patch we already had.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    Pardon my ignore is this SECOND patch ?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    "Wesley" <ilovekiss@bless.you.com> wrote in message
    > Pardon my ignore is this SECOND patch ?

    I guess it is. When you go to the site it explains it.

    D wrote:
    > I'm sorry but I just don't get it
    > I read everything and it seems like the old patch
    > exact same
    > However I will install it...
    > just because my Sims are being so weird with that damn chess table..
    >
    > it's spooky I tells you

    I have downloaded it and tried installing twice and both times I get
    "error during installation" with no further explanation.

    Anyone else getting this?

    --
    --Cuth

    It fixes all the old problems too - what I want to know is . . . _what_ bugs
    relating to downloadable objects?

    MM

    > Jeremy Reaban wrote:
    > > http://thesims2.ea.com/update/
    > >
    > > Only new things listed as fixes are:
    > >
    > > # Fixed Custom Content Browser support for Asian territories.
    > > # Fixed bugs related to downloadable objects.
    > > # Re-enables the in-game browser for Asian territories (was disabled
    > > in the previous patch).
    > >
    > > It's 17.5 megabytes.
    >
    > It only fixes those things and it's 17.5 MEGABYTES?!?!?!?!
    >
    > --
    > --Cuth

    I'm not going to install it until somebody tells me what it'll actually do
    to downloaded objects - as for the error message, had you installed the
    first patch? The problem sounds like one we had with the first patch and
    altered executables (ie no cd and/or nudity patched).

    MM

    > D wrote:
    > > I'm sorry but I just don't get it
    > > I read everything and it seems like the old patch
    > > exact same
    > > However I will install it...
    > > just because my Sims are being so weird with that damn chess table..
    > >
    > > it's spooky I tells you
    > >

    > I have downloaded it and tried installing twice and both times I get
    > "error during installation" with no further explanation.
    >
    > Anyone else getting this?
    >
    > --
    > --Cuth

    This started happening only very recently
    *very* recently and we all seemed to download and install that patch at the
    same time
    and I think someone has that bug in this newsgroup

    I mean it doesn't totally interfere with gameplay
    it just annoys me

    --
    - D
    > I'm not going to install it until somebody tells me what it'll actually do
    > to downloaded objects - as for the error message, had you installed the
    > first patch? The problem sounds like one we had with the first patch and
    > altered executables (ie no cd and/or nudity patched).
    >
    > MM
    >

    > "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> D wrote:
    >> > I'm sorry but I just don't get it
    >> > I read everything and it seems like the old patch
    >> > exact same
    >> > However I will install it...
    >> > just because my Sims are being so weird with that damn chess table..
    >> >
    >> > it's spooky I tells you
    >> >

    >> I have downloaded it and tried installing twice and both times I get
    >> "error during installation" with no further explanation.
    >>
    >> Anyone else getting this?
    >>
    >> --
    >> --Cuth

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    It looks like the same patch to me

    On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:37:19 -0600, "Jeremy Reaban"
    <jer@connectria.com> wrote:

    >http://thesims2.ea.com/update/
    >
    >Only new things listed as fixes are:
    >
    ># Fixed Custom Content Browser support for Asian territories.
    ># Fixed bugs related to downloadable objects.
    ># Re-enables the in-game browser for Asian territories (was disabled
    >in the previous patch).
    >
    >It's 17.5 megabytes.

    Of course they haven't fixed the overly loud tv problem via this
    patch...grrrr

    elsa wrote:
    > Of course they haven't fixed the overly loud tv problem via this
    > patch...grrrr

    Just turn the volume down in the sound options...

    On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:58:46 -0000, "Will Bradshaw"
    <wbradshaw@beasolutions.com> wrote:

    >elsa wrote:
    >> Of course they haven't fixed the overly loud tv problem via this
    >> patch...grrrr
    >
    >Just turn the volume down in the sound options...

    I had done that already, but it's still an obvious problem that they
    should have addressed in this patch ...
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    "mac" <123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > It looks like the same patch to me

    no the second patch works for both DVD and cd versions

Sims Browsers Games Video Games