distance objects flickering in crysis/warhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxcoop42xx

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
hey guys, ok so i play crysis because i can finally run it at 40 fps and above with all settings on very high. so with that since i have a pretty small resolution, i need to use a good amount of AA. so if found that i can run crysis all very high with 8xQAA and keep my great frame rate of 40 or higher. but the issue im having i dont think is related to AA setting but i could be wrong. so in crysis i stand at any place where i can see far ahead (not like super far ahead but just far enough) and look at the objects in the distance and things like trees and bushes flicker, but when i come in close enough to the tree or bush it stops, but in the distance it flickers and its annoying because theres lots of vegetation in crysis.

i run SLI GTX 260-216 with a Q9300 @ 3.2GHz with 4GB OCZ SLI Ram oc'ed to make a fsb : dram ratio of 1:1. i have the latest 180 driver thats whql (i dont use beta's), my game is patched to the latest and game settings are all very high and 8xQAA. i play at a res of 1360x768 (just above 720p, i use HDTV as monitor and NVCP shows 1360x768 as native res). i use v-sync and triple buffering (cant stand tearing, it honestly give me a headache after about 10 mins). thanks for any help in advance.

It has something to do with draw distance I think. You're going to have to make some adjustments to your settings if you want it to stop. I have a 260 and I don't have that problem. Don't ask what the settings are because I'm not in front of that machine. 1680x1050/high or max high...what ever that setting is/......and don't know what else. I know my ram isn't 1.1...........I get more performance IMO.

kenratboy

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
FWIW, I had the same issue in Fallout 3 when I turned the draw distance down. When I turned everything back up to max, it all went away.

xxcoop42xx

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
ok some more info, i had force v-sync on in the nvcp and i had v-sync on in the game. so i turned off the force v-sync in the nvcp and went into the game and it still had the flicker, so i then turned off/on the games v-sync and it went away. why would this cause it to go away?

xxcoop42xx

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008

ok never mind, when i quit and went back into crysis the flickering was there again. so if any knows why this is happening and could tell me how to fix it that would be great. thanks in advance

Did you try not running in sli ? Did you swap cards ? What shape is your power supply in ?...and what is it ? and how long has this been happening ? In the nvcp, did you set everything to let the game decide and where it says multi monitor, did you set it to single monitor ?

FatFunkey

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
update drivers, it happens to me also its mainly just a driver thing..and for the most part its Nvidia drivers..every Nvidia card i have does it on certain game :\

even with there latest beta drivers i still get it in games that arn't even that taxing like Day of Defeat Source.. i just ignore it for a bit.

xxcoop42xx

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008

alright thanks man, ill try re-installing the drivers for it.

tubers

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2008
i also have my crysis warhead flicker textures a lot! even at close distances.. before it was just rocks.. then trees then roads then EVERYTHING flickers when i look around.. it was not like this before..

i also have crysis w/c just works fine... no texture flickering!

tried 3 catalysts drivers.. doesnt solve anything for me..

people around the net experience this problem as well but i havent found any real solution yet..

phenom 2 9950, 790FX + SB600, 4870 512mb, 4gb ram, 650 watt psu here

kshawkeye

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
Hey, I have the same problem as you guys, was a solution ever found? The flickering is so annoying I don't even want to play warhead, but at the same time I'm dying to beat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.