Sapphire 4850x2 1gb released

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
It's been available for a while... But if you ask me, that card is powerful enough to justify the 2GB of Memory. Your call, but i think it's worth the extra $20-30.

And the reason was most likely to rape the GTX 280 (currently at $315 after rebate).

spearhead

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008
i wonder what noise it makes and if the drivers are ok right now can anyone give me some advice. im considering this over radeon 4870 for a either a core i7 or phenom II build

G

the driver issue is a problem only the manufacturer drivers on the disk work,
If you try to put any other driver BSOD and ati installer wont even recognize the card
I am runnining 64bit vista ultimate with 2 of these in crossfire
I do have random restarts due to driver issues and heat but im fixing the heat with some water cooling and a diff power supply that the fan blows out the top of my tower instead of down to the motherboard
when the i am gaming mostly COD4 and WOW it looks beautiful
the random restarts are a bit annoying but im sure this will get fixed with a firmware flash on the card or motherboard ect
my opinion 4gb of video memory cant beat it i can play wow on one screen and cod4 on the other same time windowed lol

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
I was thinking of getting a GTX285 and buying another to go SLI instead of getting a 4870 for my i7 build. But key word is: thinking. I'm still undecided.

G

i have seen some comparisons to each and the 4870 is slightly better stats to the gtx285 and if you end up with a 4870x2 then its alot better stats. i only had one 4850x2 online at the time had to RMA the other due to non function will test it next week with benchmark and post stats with both cards online and functioning