Scandisk & scandisk

Scandisk & difrag do not appear in accessories/system tools anymore. I recovered a defrag shortcut that I deleted, but I cannot find the scandisk.exe. Can someone help me?

Thank you,
Gaudwin

Greetings --

Defrag is found under Start > All Programs > Accessories > System
Tools > Disk Defragmenter, or by right-clicking My Computer > Manage >
Disk Defragmenter.

WinXP does not have a program called "Scandisk," as this was a
Win9x/Me program. Instead, because WinXP is descended from the
WinNT/2K OS family, it has a command line utility called "Chkdsk,"
which performs much better, as it's not burdened with presenting a
pretty picture of moving blocks of color while it's working.

Start > Run > Cmd > Chkdsk.exe /? for the correct syntax and
available options.

Alternatively, double-click My Computer > right-click the desired
hard drive > Properties > Tools > Error-checking/Check Now. This will
run Chkdsk, normally on the next reboot.

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

"gaudwin" <gaudwin@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Scandisk & difrag do not appear in accessories/system tools anymore.
> I recovered a defrag shortcut that I deleted, but I cannot find the
> scandisk.exe. Can someone help me?
>
> Thank you,
> Gaudwin

TRENDING THREADS