I'm suddenly getting a problem in certain houses now. When I tell Sims
to call certain other Sims, or to have a party, they start to dial the
phone but then the command disappears in the que and they suddenly jump
back to just standing there at the phone. At certain houses I cannot
throw a party now even though I get the option.

Anyone else have this?

--
--Cuth

> I'm suddenly getting a problem in certain houses now. When I tell Sims to
> call certain other Sims, or to have a party, they start to dial the phone
> but then the command disappears in the que and they suddenly jump back to
> just standing there at the phone. At certain houses I cannot throw a
> party now even though I get the option.

Yes.

Gareeth

Just get the fix at modthesims2.com

I am at the moment really f***ing hating that chess/cheat table bug
gawd that one is so annoying and creepy

--
- D

> "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> I'm suddenly getting a problem in certain houses now. When I tell Sims
>> to call certain other Sims, or to have a party, they start to dial the
>> phone but then the command disappears in the que and they suddenly jump
>> back to just standing there at the phone. At certain houses I cannot
>> throw a party now even though I get the option.
>>
> Yes.
>
> Gareeth

> I'm suddenly getting a problem in certain houses now. When I tell Sims to
> call certain other Sims, or to have a party, they start to dial the phone
> but then the command disappears in the que and they suddenly jump back to
> just standing there at the phone. At certain houses I cannot throw a
> party now even though I get the option.
>
> Anyone else have this?

I've seen this only when trying to throw a party.

I did however see another (unrelated?) problem with sims disappearing from
the phone list after I call them...the list eventually is totally empty, and
I can't phone anyone. >:-(

What's it doing?

MM

"D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> Just get the fix at modthesims2.com
>
> I am at the moment really f***ing hating that chess/cheat table bug
> gawd that one is so annoying and creepy
>
> --
> - D
> "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in
message
> >> I'm suddenly getting a problem in certain houses now. When I tell Sims
> >> to call certain other Sims, or to have a party, they start to dial the
> >> phone but then the command disappears in the que and they suddenly jump
> >> back to just standing there at the phone. At certain houses I cannot
> >> throw a party now even though I get the option.
> >>
> > Yes.
> >
> > Gareeth

Well..
ok it first started when I decided to break up the Valentine family, house
full of 4 girls, two sisters and the other two roomies
I wanted them to have a house each so I can have another set of characters
to work with, previous to this, they were just friends to the Sims that I
played
I started to notice it when I renamed Cassie Valentine to Cassie Johansson,
which urgh was a bad move because I forgot that her sister is Ivy, and Ivy
will always be a Valentine, she is an aristocrat English woman, and Cassie
was supposed to be a British flamboyant socialite, also named Valentine but
I forgot... Anyways so
that was messed up, I am going to go back to SimPE and change it back, but
it seems hardly worth the effort since it doesn't show up in the game that
they have a different surname...it only shows in Memories and the like. I
personally think it has nothing to do with the bug..it's just my
speculation.
Argh back to your question (I have had entirely too much caffeine tonight)
what happened the first instance was that Cassie invited her sister over,
guilty because they had a fight about the amount of money Cassie was
spending on clothes (I'm going strictly by the speech balloons here, and
Cassie would rather eat Instant meals than not go to a community lot to shop
hehe) So Ivy comes over, two sim days after the fight, they have a game of
chess to calmly reconcile, Ivy cheated as usual, and so you know that
animation, when they cheat they point to something and the poor unsuspecting
sim turns to see what it is? <-- something they keep falling for..WHY do
they? some catch on...but not all..and its annoying
Well the poor sim gets stuck like that until they go to bathroom
The flushing action snaps them out of it.
But what happens if they don't go to the bathroom?
the spookily move around, still sitting down on thin air and sometimes they
drag...they look like something out of the exorcist with their heads turned
like that
I am NOT going to play my vampire family or my serial killer family until I
work out what it is.
And it's not just Cassie that is affected by this... it also happens in
another Valentine house member Jin Shanghai, who I have also renamed,
but..you know doesn't show up in the game.
-shrugs- However these past couple of days, I've only played their lots
noone else's.
Might go into Drew's house tonight and see if it happens to him...he and Ivy
were lovers at one stage, and now good friends
She loves to cheat, so we shall see.

--
- D

D wrote:
> Just get the fix at modthesims2.com

Could someone tell me *where* on modthesims2 the fix is? I can't find it.

--
--Cuth

Ah, I've never seen this - but I've never seen them cheat either. I do get
the hand in the air sometimes when I interrupt chess play. Maybe you should
put in a request for a fix over at MTS2?