M3A78-T sometimes not posting??

vj87

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
Hi my fellow "geeks"

About a week ago i upgraded my PC from a C2D - E8200/P5K/2X1GBKingston DDR2 800 Value RAM to a PhenomII X3 720BE/M3A78-T/1X2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800. My Graphics Card is a Radeon 4850 from MSI. Im having one little issue with the motherboard being that when i switch my machine on it sometimes wont post. The fans and drives are all spinning but no post beep. I then reset it and then most of the time it will post. I know this is nothing serious as the machine is working perfectly fast once i get it into the Vista, but its really annoying. Yes i did upgrade my bios to the latest version(0802) from the Asus website. If anyone can help me solve this little problem it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You
VJ87

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
Well.well it just happens that I have an M3N78-M here that I cannot get a stable install on been fooling around with it since the 17th it totally trashes the primary partition of a perfectly good WD 320g hdd,,needless to say I am returning it,and I suggest that you consider the same,it's not worth the agro..:)

vj87

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
Well look mine is not a serious problem so ill just wait and see if the next bios update fixes things, if not then ill take it back. What processor do you have and did you update your bios and chipset drivers?? Im not a fan of Nvidia chipsets as i had some bad experiences and people complaining about them therefore i suggest you get a AMD chipset or go with an intel processor with intel chipset. As i said, im perfectly happy with my rig as it is right now. The only problem i had is the one i mentioned in my previous post and its minor really. I was just wondering if this is a common problem on the board i have with its current bios version. Clearly yours is different so you not really helping. :non:

IsoTherm

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
I have a similar problem with a Biostar TA780G motherboard. Sometimes it will post on its own, but most of the time I have to reset it after about 10 seconds - then it posts and starts with no further problems. This started about the same time I added 2 GB of the same Kingston ram to the 2 already installed and upgraded my CPU from an Athlon 64 x2 3600 to a 5000.