Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Asrock P55 Extreme

Last response: in Overclocking
March 25, 2010 6:49:50 PM

Asrock P55 Extreme

May be a shot in the dark, but lookin for anyone that has this particular board with an I5/I7 cpu and all 4 ram slots filled. Im using an Antec 900 case.

I would love the use the Hyper 212 Plus with this board but (at least with my measurements) I just dont think it would fit. Bought a dynatron 1156 cooler and at only stock speeds for my I5 750 its idling at 30ish and hitting 55+ in games.

Ive had the chip running stable at a 3.6 overclock using this fan, but temps were pushing 70 during Prime 95 large FFTs, which wont cut it.

So thats my goal (3.6) and maybe someone has a suggestion on an air cooling solution that they have found succesful with this rig.

Thanks in advance.

More about : asrock p55 extreme

a b K Overclocking
March 25, 2010 6:59:07 PM

The Hyper 212 should have no problems fitting it looks to me that it should clear the VRM heatsinks not by much but it should fit.
m
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
March 25, 2010 9:30:15 PM

There are two things which might interfere with tall, tower style, cpu heatsinks such as the Hyper 212.

1. Memory modules with extra tall heatspreaders that sort of look like a comb. It is usually one of those memory modules in the memory slot closest to the cpu that will interfere with the heatsink. Standard height memory models will not intefere with the heatsinks.

2. The width of the pc case. Some cases are not wide enough. The Hyper 212+ will fit inside your Antec 900 case.
April 1, 2010 12:05:18 AM

Best answer selected by tyranist.
m
l
!