Core 2 duo e8400

sethvel1

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
Hey guys, I just bought this hardware and I am not using it in any extreme gaming situations or anything but will be doing multitasking with some several resource demanding programs and would like to get the best setup possible with out risking stability (4 GHz if possible but not sure with the RAM) and I am a noobi when it comes to overclocking. This is not a high dollar setup but would like to get what I can out of it. If I could have gotten a better deal by using another setup, please keep that to yourself as I just slapped this togehter as a budget setup up and the fact that there may be a better deal does not help me with the one that I got.

Yes before the subject is brought up I bought ddr3 RAM because that is what the board I got supports and I know everyone has opinions on it so lets please leave the discussion to the overclocking settings, thanks kindly

mobo is Asus P5G41T-M LE

CPU is intel core 2 duo E8400

Ram is GSKILL DDR3 1333 10600 8-8-8-21 2GBx2

no need for graphics OC, I just got a cheap one to allow for multi monitors with better resolution

This is not put together yet but it will be either tomorrow night or saturday
Thanks for all your help

RJR

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Well, it is a budget board so it may not like to be OCed that far, but you can certainly try. A P35/P45 board would have no problem at all reaching 4.0 Ghz. The memory is fine, it won't impede your OC at all like DDR2-800 could, since you will need 445 FSB.

sethvel1

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010

thanks for the info. I know it is a budget board but I figure if it doesn't like it I could trim it back. Again, I'm new at this so could you tell me the what exactly i need to change and what to set it too?
Thanks for your time
seth