Choose Sound Card

xiterx

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
Hi All

For now i have Razer Barracuda AC-1 + Barracuda HP-1 / Sennheiser PC350 :pt1cable:
But i dont like the sound that the sound card gives, i think its a bad one because i would like a more bassy one and in this one i can´t ajust that very well.

So i was thinking if someone could me say what sound card i could get.
Im not amused lisning or using Realtek or C-media.

I have an X-Fi Xtreme Music PCI-E and it sounds better there and the possitional thing i like it more on X-Fi than the Razer one because i get so confused i cant get the realy from are they comming ....

So i need some help please.

Cumps

Sus-penders

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2008
Well, you might try the new Auzentech X-Fi forte. It's PCIe, has all the goodies the X-fi chip has to offer, and is built with much better components than Creatives offerings. It also has a headphone amplifier, which should make your headphones sound better (not many cards offer headphone amps, as far as I know this is the only X-fi based card that does).

Podadam

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
I have an Auzentech Prelude which is similar to the forte. If I remember well its the top end of Auzentech. I can tell you the sound is amazing especially if you can hook up to it to the optical cable(with surround sound speakers). I have a surround sound headset (I cant remember their name) and the the bass and the clarity of the sound is great aswell.

is built with much better components than Creatives offerings

Isnt the chip made by creative though?

Sus-penders

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2008
The chip is (and the X-fi is a great chip btw), but the other components such as opamps, DACs, and other circuitry on the card (which influence the sound output a very great deal) are far better than what Creative puts on their cards. Opamps can influence the sound quality so much that Auzentech builds their cards with swappable opamp sockets, if you want to change them ;)

xiterx

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
you are talking about Threshold Frequency ? if so yes i have made it 80hz that is good for THX or thing like that i you call BASS this shaky thing ? LOOOL BASS is more than that and i only can get it with SRS Audio Sandbox but takes bad upmix on games .... but for music it feels a little more good but i think with other sound card i could probably get MUCH BUT VERY MUCH BETTER even my Sennheiser 350PC sounded better than HP-1 and is that why i think the sound card from razer is a little ultra overpriced for what it can gives and the drivers are even whorse ....

renegeek

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2008
? for ya... I'v been a SB / Creative for about 15 years... and thinking about changing to a different brand...

I'm looking for something like the X-fi card, but i dont want any gameing bottle-necks, i want my pc to run smooth, and have great sound qulity...

what brands should i look into...??? under 150.00 us prefer Pci-e, but if not PCI is ok..

Thre threashold frequency determines at what point the bass moves to the center channels as opposed to the outer channels. Try messing around with it some more. Also toy with the equalizer a bit, as the defaults do tend to be light on bass, as i recall...