CD Drive as a Floppy

dribblemark

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
OK I have no Floppy drive and i have one CD drive this is the first time its been doing this on the computer it is finding my CD Drive as a Floppy drive which is weird this happened when i was trying to set up a 2nd hard drive to my system this first time it found it when i disconnected it the computer could find it again so i disconnected the IDE Wire to figure out different ways i even disconnected my CD drivers IDE and reconnected it then i couldn't find my CD Driver And now its finding my CD Driver as a Floppy i tried so many ways still nothing so i need help please someone out there. (ask me questions if need anymore info) VIDEO Below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iumq-th0aJY&feature=channel_page

Devastator_uk

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
I think it's more likely that it's just not detecting the CD drive at all for whatever reason. I would check the BIOS initially. Also the BIOS could have been set to think there is a Floppy drive when there isn't. This could have happened if your BIOS was reset to factory settings.

papalarge123

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
Disable the Floppy search function in the BIOS,

then look on the back of ur CD drive and check to make sure it is set to slave (jumpers on thed back of the drive), then make sure the HDD connected to the same cable is set to Master (jumpers on the back of the drive).

this should correct ur problem.

dribblemark

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
i did reset the BIOS by taking out the battery for 5 minutes i dont kno why i did it ha forgot but i did go back in the BIOS Setting and it says CD Drive(not installed) how do i reinstall it