Sims 1 Objects to Sims 2?

Just wondering if it's possible to import basic objects (ie, custom
furniture or decorations from the 'Net that don't have any special effects)
into The Sims 2 from The Sims? [and, if so, where in TS2's dir structure
would the *.iff files, or their equivalent if they need to (and can be)
converted to a different format, need to be placed?]

More about sims objects sims

    On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:17:22 -0400, Joseph William Dixon
    <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:

    > Just wondering if it's possible to import basic objects (ie, custom
    >furniture or decorations from the 'Net that don't have any special effects)
    >into The Sims 2 from The Sims? [and, if so, where in TS2's dir structure
    >would the *.iff files, or their equivalent if they need to (and can be)
    >converted to a different format, need to be placed?]

    No, it's not possible. Sims 2 is a completely different game, with
    three-dimensional graphics, not two-dimensional, which makes the way
    the files work in the game totally different.

    BW

    On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
    > No, it's not possible. Sims 2 is a completely different game, with
    > three-dimensional graphics, not two-dimensional, which makes the way
    > the files work in the game totally different.

    Ah well, had to ask. Pity.

    On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:00:08 -0400, Joseph William Dixon
    <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:

    >On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
    >> No, it's not possible. Sims 2 is a completely different game, with
    >> three-dimensional graphics, not two-dimensional, which makes the way
    >> the files work in the game totally different.
    >
    > Ah well, had to ask. Pity.

    No doubt. It's why I probably won't be getting Sims2 even after I buy
    a new machine.

    -- Steve Lopez

    "pulgao" <baayszhore@md.net> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:00:08 -0400, Joseph William Dixon
    > <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:
    >
    > >On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
    > >> No, it's not possible. Sims 2 is a completely different game, with
    > >> three-dimensional graphics, not two-dimensional, which makes the way
    > >> the files work in the game totally different.
    > >
    > > Ah well, had to ask. Pity.
    >
    > No doubt. It's why I probably won't be getting Sims2 even after I buy
    > a new machine.
    >
    > -- Steve Lopez

    Um, steve, GET IT!!! You will love it, trust me on this one, lol!!! Would i
    steer you wrong?

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:00:14 GMT, baayszhore@md.net (pulgao) wrote:

    >The second best part has been the ability to find, create, and use (in
    >conjunction with SimShow)

    God, what a dumbass. I meant SimPose.

    -- Steve Lopez

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:16:38 GMT, "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com>
    wrote:

    >Now stop me if I'm wrong, and I don't want to prolong the agony of THAT
    >image in your mind any longer than is necessary, but it occurs to me: wasn't
    >Mrs Crumplebottom a secret cross-dresser? I mean, wasn't she hung like the
    >proverbial donkey once your got her clothes off?

    I patched that problem using Paladin's NPC editor and one of Wilf's
    files. But, yeah, that crossdressing thing was even *uglier* (if such
    a thing is possible).

    >No .... sorry that's making me sick. Don't answer that. I'll return you to
    >normal service now.
    >
    >Poor Michael Bachelor, he never did have much fun - or did he?

    Egad! In *my* game he's done most of the gals in the neighborhood --
    and a bunch of Townies, too. Turn your back on him for a second in
    that Downtown "adult" nightclub I built and there's no telling what
    (or who) he'll be up to doing.

    -- Steve Lopez

Sims Internet Explorer Video Games