How do i Tevo on my PC???

bigbowler1

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
I want to watch my cable on my computer while i work and I also wanna try to tevo shows like a DVR would.

This is all new to me so directions would be great help

my video card - ASUS EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512MD5 Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

my monitor - Acer H213H bmid Black 21.5" 5ms HDMI Widescreen 16:9 LCD Monitor

my CPU - Q6600

Shot away guys...

Thanks

Wolfshadw

Titan
I like the ASUS tuner simply because it includes an FM Tuner (which turns your PC into a radio as well as a Tivo) and because it includes an MCE remote, but you do not have Windows MCE 2005 or Vista Premium/Ultimate.

But since you're at the desktop anyway and you didn't mention any requirement for a remote or an FM tuner, I'd probably recommend the Hauppage Tuner.

-Wolf sends

bigbowler1

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
I went with the KWORLD PlusTV HD PCI 120 Turner

Now when I wanna tevo programs like say Reno 911 it will just rec. it anytime its on? or do i have to specify each show.

Also how will the digital channels work like on comcast channels 100+ only come thru the Cable Box...i will not get them on my PC will I?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Now when I wanna tevo programs like say Reno 911 it will just rec. it anytime its on? or do i have to specify each show.

That will depend on the software package you use to watch/record TV. Some packages will use an integrated TV Guide (automatically downloaded from the net), and record any time your selected show airs. Others can only record specifically what you set it to record.

Also how will the digital channels work like on comcast channels 100+ only come thru the Cable Box...i will not get them on my PC will I?

If you connect your TV Tuner directly from the cable socket on the wall, you'll only get what channels comcast sends "in the clear" (meaning unscrambled). What you get depends on what cable package you ordered from Comcast. With my experience (also a Comcast subscriber), nothing over channel 99 is sent in the clear. In order to get around this, I use my cable box. The signal goes from the wall socket to the cable box input. Then it goes from the cable box output to my TV Tuner card's input. In this situation, I still have to use the cable box to change channels, but now I can see all channels I pay for, through my computer.

-Wolf sends