I have Windows XP. I used Computer Management/Disk
Management to delete an unwanted partition (D) that
allocated 8 GB to the partition. This storage has been
sitting there unused for 2 years with no way or purpose
for me to get to it.

Now it is listed as 8 GB of unallocated storage.

How can I get that 8 GB over to my current C: drive
partition? The C: Drive is a FAT32 file.

Best Buy set the computer up when I bought it as a
Christmas gift for my wife. I guess they thought there
was going to be 2 users. Thus the need for multiple
partitions?

Any help would be appreciated.

You cannot resize partitions on the fly in XP. For this function, in other
words in order to bring the unallocated space into an existing partition
without losing the data on the partition, you need third party software such
as Partition Magic, www.powerquest.com. Please see web site for version
compatibility with XP.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP