I JUST DON'T GET IT!!!! my 9800 gtx scored very low on 3dmark

Hi! I hope somebody can help me with my issue. I love playing microsoft flight sim x but it was hard to play because my frame rate was so low. Originally I was playing on a stock quad q6600 2.4ghz with asus p5kpl-cm mobo. I upgraded my mobo to a asus p5qc, and then I bought a 850w power supply and the nvidia 9800gtx card and was hoping for a big change. I started my game up and still very disappointed in my frame rate. I didn't even see a 2 fps difference! I ended up downloading 3dmark and ran my tests and was again very disappointed. My cpu scored 31000 then my gpu scored 6100 leaving me with a 3dmark score of 8400!! Does this sound right at all? I've seen some peoples scores for there gpu with the same card at 12000-14000 range and yes I did update my drivers. I decided to overclock my gpu as much as I can go and only saw a 400 point difference. I overclocked the snot out of my cpu to 4.3ghz and only gave me a gain of 100 points on my gpu and gave me another 8000 on my cpu still really leaving me with a low 3dmark score! I tried everything and just confused. Can anybody help me please!!!!
6 answers Last reply
More about 9800 scored 3dmark
  1. block text = eyesore...
  2. yea thnx whatever that means
  3. You're running 3dmark Vantage?

Try downloading 3dmark 06 instead.
  4. kingtz means you don't use paragraphs adn formatting properly... it makes it much harder to read posts.
  5. V3NOM said:
    kingtz means you don't use paragraphs adn formatting properly... it makes it much harder to read posts.

I stopped reading around the 25th word, especially since it's about 3Dmark and maybe something about M$, but lost interest quickly with that formating. [:thegreatgrapeape:5]

BTW benz, carriage returns are free of charge. ;)
  6. Did you try FSX with the cpu oced to 4GHz? I'll bet you'll see massive increase in fps :D
    That 'game' just loves cpu power...
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics