GTX GX2 & GT300 GPU NEWS/sorry if already posted

teh_boxzor

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2007
actually those gx2 cards are real heaters.

its not the same as ATI's dual chip setup which is 2 gpu's on one die

its 2 gpu's on 2 different pcb's stacked about 2 mm apart from each other.

i think your current configuration would produce less heat and temp increase.

Not to mention you'll have to sell your current two cards at a discount since they are used, plus the hassle of having to ship them, etc.

And you won't really get any true benefit in extra performance or lower cooling, etc.

I'd stick with what you got. Not like you're in need of any upgrade.....

hannibal

Distinguished
Any more news about GT300... Those shrinks are ok and needed, but not a reason to upgrade, if you allready have dx10 card.
That dual gpu heater is interesting beast. Interesting to see it compared to old GX2. What improvements in setup if any...

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
paying for a GX2 over 1 260 GTX, might be worth it, since ur doubling the performance (well up to 80%). But switching cards going from dual to single slot for extra money...to me isn;'t worth it

I would under stand if the card was a single GPU, then I'd say, well atleast I kno that now its double the performance 24/7

But going from dual GPU to single slot dual GPU, for the same card meh

Your money;)

I'd say wait it out, and buy another 260 GTX and tri sli it. I mean tri sli tends to scaled better than quad.

Best of luck though:)

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
Not to mention this new naming scheme is pathetic. Its even more confusing than the past number system, there are too many damn G's and X's.

GJ on confusing the customer