Sound Card for Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Moskvich

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Hey guys, I'm an aspiring audiophile and would like to get your input on which sound card to match up with the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speaker system. Please note that this is for music, not gaming. I would like something for less than 200 bucks, but I'm willing to spend a bit more if you can convince me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

johnluton

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009

while the Klipsch pro media are nice computer speakers they can hardly be audiophile quality, any sound card will make them sound good and since you got the 2.1's most expensive audio cards would be serious overkill since they will likely be for 7.1 system

Moskvich

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009

Thanks John, any speakers you'd recommend?
EDIT: Also, what about something like this?
http://www.shopsharksystems.com/browse/currency-USD/product/XONAR%20ESSENCE%20STX/?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SS773506

johnluton

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
I have the Klipsch pro media 2.1 and they are great, I think for computer speakers they are awesome but NOT audiophile quality, if you are watching DVD's consider the Klipsch pro media 5.1's for am immersive experiens, if you are just listening to music the 2.1's are fine. In my opinion they have great bass and treble but lack midrange.

halcyon

Splendid
Well, I don't have tell you that an mid-to-high end Creative X-Fi will push the ProMedia's more than nicely. However, if you're on the bandwagon that Creative is the root of all evils then you may want to consider an Asus Xonar...loved by many audio enthusiasts for their high specs and clean sound.