Tags:
  • Build
  • Cooling
  • Computer
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
November 23, 2008 7:07:59 PM

I'm working on my first computer build and I have a Xigmatek S963 cooler and I have read about white greases corroding copper and the grease that comes with the cooler is white. The things I've read have also said that they greases in question were zinc oxide but the grease with the cooler is silicone will I be OK?

More about : question thermal grease

November 23, 2008 7:42:18 PM

I just wanted to know if the grease I that came with the cooler will be sufficient and won't corrode the pipes
Related resources
November 23, 2008 8:05:51 PM

Tyrannotitan said:
I just wanted to know if the grease I that came with the cooler will be sufficient and won't corrode the pipes

Their warranty, their grease...

Too much reading without understanding causes unnecessary worry.
November 23, 2008 8:06:56 PM

ok thank you
should I apply the grease to the heatsink or the cpu itself
November 23, 2008 8:37:38 PM

I guess it would be easier to apply on the heatsink. And if you mess it up, way easier to clean also.
November 23, 2008 9:37:14 PM

Tyrannotitan said:

should I apply the grease to the heatsink or the cpu itself

I have a novel idea: read the instructions :p  This should make your life easier.
November 23, 2008 9:54:15 PM

Tyrannotitan said:

The OEM grease will work. I was just offering you an alternative grease so that your cpu would run a little cooler. Which ever grease you use follow the instructions for that product. Read a little!
!