W2K & Vista Compatable ATX Motherboards?

xanaduwest

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
I have thousands of dollars worth of software that runs on my old Windows2000 Gateway from around 7 or 8 years ago,
and serves my purposes just perfectly. However, it's motherboard's capacitors are shot and I need to put together a new system whose MB is fully supportive of W2K (and preferably Vista if someday I wish to set up a dual boot or upgrade etc). To clarify, I'm not trying to keep my old box; I have a friend who can put together a new set-up for me from scratch. However, we both have become very frustrated in finding an ATX MB that is FULLY compatible with both OS's. We found a couple (for reasonable prices, but <boom> they are out of stock everywhere we look.) For me, a reasonable price for a motherboard is $200-ish, but not $500. I've exhausted Intel's website & offerings, but maybe someone versed in AMD could help... even if you can just offer a link to an AMD comparison chart that clearly shows which motherboards FULLY support W2K (and hopefully, Vista). Thanks!!!

pbanman

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
I am also looking for a MB that still fully supports W2K.

Our company still rolls out W2K cause they don't want to pay for hundreds of XP licenses.