OLD: TMPIN0,1,2 etc

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
This is probably a real dead-horse topic, but I am forced to ask, as I have been reading conflicting information, and was hoping for some first hand experience to guide me:

HWMonitor.jpg

What do my TMPIN numbers represent? I have read that my 1 is NB, 2 is SB, but have also read the reverse. I have not been able to get a hint of what my TMPIN0 is. I have been unsuccesful in finding out through gigabyte, but perhaps I just didn't get lucky enough to stumble upon it. Motherboard is GA-MA780g-UD3h. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give!

I previously had some issues with misreporting in HWmonitor that have cleared up with a reflash of my bios.

G

The one which is the highest temp reading and has the most reaction to high % core load should be your Core reading, close second would probably be the NB, then the SB should be cooler. By your screen shot I would guess TMPIN0 = NB, TMPIN1 = SB, TMPIN2 = Core. These are idle temps with no C&Q and an OC right? They look low and stable for load at 1.4v, and you would just be blowing watts for no reason with 1.4v at stock speeds.

Assuming the temps are accurate, the SB should generally be cooler than the NB, especially under high CPU load. For me with Asus board and phenom I on custom C&Q settings with K10STAT, Temp1(NB)=29C, Temp2(SB)=30C, Core(N/A)=10C. The Core sensor for this line supposedly under reports, certainly seems to for me, if the NB is really 29 that should mean the Core would be 30-31 most likely.

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
Ok, first one to jump up in temp when I started running P95 was TMPIN1. Core reading?

The second one was TMPIN2, thus it is probably my northbirdge? (running blend, not small or large FFTs)

And TMPIN0 basically did nothing while running p95 blend. SB?

Will run some furmark to see how TMPIN0 responds.
EDIT:
TMPIN0 did not respond to furmark, or vantage at all. It is currently sitting at a steady 38c. Hmmph.