K8NGM2 Motherboard Video quit

masseyd

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
My K8NGM2-H Motherboards on board Video quit. Is there any way to disable the on board Video in the bios since the video is out

tom4650

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
The first thing you can try is to clear the CMOS. (Unplug the PC then switch the jumper nearest the small battery on the Main Board, then switch the jumper back and plug PC back in) If that does not bring video back, then your next step is to install a video card and see if that brings video. If that doesn't work, then try switching out the memory. If that doesn't do it, the last thing is to try another power supply. Just plug into the MB and processor power if necessary. If none of the above works, then your Motherboard or processor is bad. In almost all cases, it would be the MB.

G

had same problem. but onboard video output keeps trying to overide pci video card. need to be able to disable onboard video - how can I do this? do not see anything in bios that allows me to do so? pci card is working fine, but sometimes when I boot the machine it tries to go back to the onboard output.